1. The employee is referred from the employer.
2. The SAP conductes the initial evaluation with the employee.
3. The SAP completes the initial evaluation.
4. The employee is referred to a service provider with a copy of the assessment/treatment plan.
5. The SAP sends the initial evaluation report to the employer.
6. The SAP provides case management/consultation while the employee is in services with the treatment provider.
7. The SAP conducts the final evaluation of the employee.
8. The SAP sends the follow-up evaluation report (including follow-up testing plan) to the employer, reminding the employer that an observed return-to-duty test is the initial test required prior-to-returning the employee to a safety-sensitive position.
There are six reasons for conducting drug and/or alcohol under the DOT regulations: